Saturday, July 9, 2011

Turn an old skirt into a new one with Ruffles!

I’ve had this skirt since I was in high school; it just is not flattering on me at all…..SO I decided to fix it.

BEFORE:

IMG_5597IMG_5598

First I took it in on the sides to add some curves to the skirt.

Then I cut it in half, and used the bottom for the ruffle.

IMG_5602

I didn’t want a strait ruffle, I wanted it to go up my leg, so I drew in the triangle and then cut it out of only the front. I then made my ruffle and sewed it to the bottom.

IMG_5600

And TaaDaa!!!!…Here’s my new skirt without paying a penny!

IMG_5609IMG_5608IMG_5610

I’ve thought about adding a cute bow where the ruffle comes up higher on the leg….What do ya think add it or no?

3 comments:

Michael and Amanda Ellis said...

Totally add it! It would draw the eye to the upward curve that is so fun! A nice black and white stripe or polka dot would keep the universal versitality, but a pop of color would be fun too. It is totally awesome. From drab to fab!

The Baums said...

Way cute Ash! I love it! You did a great Job.

Tandy said...

wow! that is awesome! way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails