Friday, September 2, 2011

I redid my Lamps & Lampshades!

I got two lamps from craigslist for $15, but didn’t like how they looked; so of course I tore them apart and then put them back together!

IMG_5646

First, I painted the base. If you have never used tin foil to cover the parts you don’t want spray painted, it’s the easiest way to do it!

IMG_5651

Now the lampshade was a little bit of a pain; I didn’t like how long it was so I cut the bottom off, cut the metal ring smaller, got metal glue and glued it back on to the bottom of the lamp. I then got some fabric and Modge Podged it to the old lampshade.

And here is the finished product:

IMG_6177IMG_6174

I like that I can say I made them, but they really were a lot of work next time I probably would just go buy some!

2 comments:

Dillon and Tessa said...

Love the lamps!!

Ploharz Family said...

So can i just tell you i think you are the most crative person i know!! I am so impressed with everything that you make! Wish I had half the talent you have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails